Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] bibliography title in TOC

Bob Stayton writes:
 > Hi Markus,
 > Apparently Niels suggestions were sent off list, so we are not clear what has already
 > been suggested.

Hi Bob,

let me summarize the current status real quick. For what I want to
express, the logical sequence is this:

<chapter>
  <title>Literature</title>
  <sect1>
    <title>Conference Presentations</title>
  </sect1>
  <sect1>
    <title>Theses</title>
  </sect1>
  <bibliography>
    <title>Bibliography</title>
  </bibliography>
</chapter>

However, the fo stylesheets treat the bibliography title specially,
resulting in some unwanted (for me, that is) effects. First the book
TOC:

9. Literature
  1. Conference Presentations
  2. Theses
      <---- bibliography missing here

The "Literature" chapter TOC looks like this:

1. Conference Presentations
2. Theses
Bibliography  <---- bibliography shows up here but without numbering

Along the same lines, the "Bibliography" heading in the text lacks the
number that the true "sect1" titles carry.

Now, Niels' suggestion was to move the bibliography element out to the
level of a chapter. This is what I regard as my fallback option:

<chapter>
  <title>Literature</title>
  <sect1>
  </sect1>
  <sect1>
  </sect1
</chapter>
<bibliography>
  <title>Bibliography</title>
</bibliography>

I assume this will render as this in the book TOC:

9. Literature
  1. Conference Presentations
  2. Theses
Bibliography

I'd like to make clear that this doesn't mean there is something wrong
with the stylesheets. I assume 99% of the documents use the latter
option and we all feel fine with it. However, in my particular case I
feel that treating the bibliography as a section in a chapter better
matches the contents.

regards,
Markus

--