Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] endnotes section in ePub

Hi Robert,
I was not refering to two-pass profiling, I was refering to the two files that are
needed for customizing chunked HTML.

In the chunking stylesheet, there are two templates for each element: one for chunking
and one for formatting the content of the chunk.  The chunking templates have higher
import precedence than the content-formatting templates.  When you process the
document, for each element, it first applies the chunking template to create the
wrapper for the content, and inside that it does xsl:apply-imports, which causes the
stylesheet to reach down in the import precedence to the original formatting template
for that element.

If you were to just put an element-formatting template in a stylesheet that imports
chunk.xsl, your template will overwrite the chunking template for that element and
break the output.  Instead, your formatting template needs to be at a lower import
precedence, and that set up is described in my book.

Regarding the table of contents, you could add another template:

<xsl:template match="d:appendix[@role = 'endnotes']" mode="object.title.markup">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="title.markup"/>
</xsl:template>

The 'object.title.markup' mode generates "Appendix A: Endnotes", while 'title.markup'
mode generates just "Endnotes".  I haven't tested this, but something like it should
work.