Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Index as a part of article - HTML

Thanks, actually it was a problem with stylesheets that I was working with. Thank you for your help.

BW, Milosz Lewandowski

2011/7/5 Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>
Hi,
You can accomplish a local article index within your book without any stylesheet customization by making it a specialized index, by adding a "type" attribute on all the indexterms in the article.  See this reference for details:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/IndexSpecial.html

Otherwise, you would need to create a stylesheet customization to call the template named 'generate-index' with a "scope" parameter that selects your article element.

Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 11:35 PM

Hi,
thanks for your reply. Indeed, I have one main XML file with book node, within it some parts and within parts I use xinclude to indicate articles. Probably that's why it is a problem - because anywhere I place <index />, it is considered as placed in book. I'm quite new to DocBook, so if there is needed more clarification, please ask.

BW, Milosz Lewandowski

2011/7/4 Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>
Hi,
I'm not sure I understand your problem.  When you say:

> Placing <index /> in the article doesn't work.

I just put an empty index element in an article XML file just before the closing tag of article, and it does generate an index at the end of the article.  But your previous sentence describes what sounds like a book (since it generates bk01ix01.html).  Can you clarify what you are trying to do and what your results are?

Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 7:15 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Index as a part of article - HTML

Hi,
I'm using DocBook with xsltproc to create HTML documentation. I would like to generate index so I'm using indexterms and place <index /> in my xml file. However, this generates separate HTML file (with name like bk01ix01.html) - but I want to have it included in the one of my articles. Placing <index /> in the article doesn't work. Is it possible to make things work as I described?

BW,
Milosz Lewandowski