Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Turning off generation of epub cover

Hi,
Some work is going to be done on the ePub stylesheets in August.  Please file a bug report on the DocBook SourceForge site for this item so it can be tracked.

If anyone else has bug reports or feature requests for ePub, please file them soon.

Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2011 4:33 AM

Thanks Nic - you are right that this happens in several places. I have made some progress - I can turn off the generation of the "cover.html" chunk by customising   <xsl:template name="cover">.

I can also remove the itemref "cover" from the OPF spine by customising <xsl:template name="opf.spine">, and remove reference "cover.html" from OPF guide by customising <xsl:template name="opf.guide">.

However, I cannot remove <meta name="cover" content="coverimage" /> from OPF metadata, nor can I remove the items "cover" and "coverimage" from OPF manifest - customising <xsl:template name="opf"> theoretically should work, but customising to select or deselect <xsl:element namespace="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" name="meta"> doesn't do anything in the content.opf. Perhaps this is a bug?

Cheers,

Dave Gardiner