Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] itemized list, and import precedence

On 08/07/2011 05:50 PM, Bob Stayton wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> This isn't a case of import precedence, but of  different attributes.
> In general, the qualified attributes (like  space-before.optimum) take
> precedence over the non-qualified attributes (like  space-before). I
> wish the DocBook XSL stylesheets had not been written using the
> qualified attributes in some of the attribute-sets, because if you
> want to override the space before, you need to override all three of
> the qualified attributes for it to have any effectc.
>
> BTW, was that a typo in your example?  Your attribute-set says
> space-before="5mm" but the resulting xsl-fo has space-before="0pt",
> but I don't see where the 0pt might have come from.
>
> Bob Stayton
> Sagehill Enterprises
> bobs@sagehill.net

Understood. I was drowning in attributes and couldn't see the wood for
the trees.
The 0pt value came from a direct customization. I have stripped them all out
now. I simply wanted to reduce the space-before/after in a sequence of
epigraphs.

+1 on the qualified attributes. Unnecessary complication?

Thanks Bob.