Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Section TOCs in HTML: Placing after intro text

Ah, that's correct.  I was thinking toc was permitted at the end of a section, but
that's not the case here.  You probably didn't want to do it manually anyway.  8^)

Here is a customization of the section template that does it automatically.  Delete
the "d:" namespace prefixes if you are using the non-namespaced stylesheets.

<xsl:template match="d:section">
  <xsl:variable name="depth" select="count(ancestor::d:section)+1"/>

  <xsl:call-template name="id.warning"/>

    <xsl:call-template name="common.html.attributes">
      <xsl:with-param name="inherit" select="1"/>
    </xsl:call-template>
    <xsl:call-template name="section.titlepage"/>

    <xsl:variable name="toc.params">
      <xsl:call-template name="find.path.params">
        <xsl:with-param name="table" select="normalize-space($generate.toc)"/>
      </xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:variable>

    <xsl:apply-templates select="node()[not(self::d:section)]"/>

    <xsl:if test="contains($toc.params, 'toc')
                  and $depth &lt;= $generate.section.toc.level">
      <xsl:call-template name="section.toc">
        <xsl:with-param name="toc.title.p" select="contains($toc.params, 'title')"/>
      </xsl:call-template>
      <xsl:call-template name="section.toc.separator"/>
    </xsl:if>

    <xsl:apply-templates select="d:section"/>

    <xsl:call-template name="process.chunk.footnotes"/>
</xsl:template>

The first xsl:apply-templates processes all children except sub-sections, then the
section toc is processed, and then all section children are processed with the second
xsl:apply-templates.

If you are chunking, then be sure to set up the customization correctly with two files
as described here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ChunkingCustomization.html

This customization goes in the customization file for single-page output.  If you put
it in the customization of chunk.xsl, then it won't work.