Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: footnote in title

On 08/26/2011 07:01 AM, Norman Walsh wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld <stefan@seefeld.name> writes:
>> My book title contains a footnote, which is ignored in the recto
>> titlepage, but not the verso.
>
> A book title with a footnote. Wow.

Yeah. To my defense: I didn't author it. It's a specification that I
translated from LaTeX into DocBook, and now want to make sure is (in
most aspects) as similarly rendered as the original. (The original is
here: http://www.hpec-si.org/spec-1.0-final.pdf)

>> Can anyone please point me into the right direction ? What template
>> processes the title footnote in the recto / verso modes, and what change
>> do I need to apply to move the footnote display onto the recto page ?
>
> If you put this template in your customization layer:
>
> <xsl:template match="title" mode="book.titlepage.recto.mode">
> </xsl:template>
>
> I believe it'll be called for the book's recto title. It's not
> immediately obvious to me why the current book title processing looses
> the footnote, but there's book.verso.title in titlepage.xsl that might
> be a good starting place.

OK, I'll have a look. Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
        Stefan