Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Page master selection. .fo, db5

On 08/31/2011 04:44 AM, Bob Stayton wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> The simplest solution for just the chapter title is to add
> space-before in the title (and be sure to add
> space-before.conditionality="retain" since it appears first in the flow).

I thought so, thanks for the confirmation.

> In general, the page-masters all share the same page size and margin
> parameters for consistency of look, but that makes it harder to
> customize particular page masters. Adding separate params for each
> page-master's many margins would result in a *lot* of params (15
> masters * 4 sides * 3 properties).
Mmm. Not reasonable. Understood.

>   So you are left with defining custom page masters and getting your
> stylesheet to use them.  It is easiest to copy an existing page master
> to a custom 'user.pagemasters' template, change the name, and change
> just the properties you want to be different.  Then customize
> 'select.user.pagemaster' template to turn it on.

Mostly understood....
    I was half way through listing spm's, psm's and relating them.
I don't think there is any mapping of major docbook elements/page sets
to the psm's though is there?

<xsl:template name="select.user.pagemaster">
in pagesetup.xsl ?

So I customize the template for ... chapter and then...
Copy the logic from component.xsl to pick up the right
page master.

Not so difficult.. (he says, not yet having tried!!!)

Thanks Bob.

regards

regards

--