Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] "html.stylesheet" parameter in the xhtml5 Stylesheets

Hi Bob,

thanks. Both two great options. I tested the first one and it works fine.

Thanks, Lars

2011/9/20 Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>
Hi Lars,
You can restore the former behavior by setting $html.stylesheet to your pathname and setting $docbook.css.source to empty.

Regarding your objections, I get around those by using XInclude.  I have a standard CSS file that I include into an XML file using XInclude:

<xi:include href="" parse="text" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
That way I keep all the edits in one standard CSS file, and I don't have to copy it into each output directory using a separate command.

As far as I know, it is not possible for an XSL stylesheet to open a plain text file like a CSS file.

From: Lars Vogel
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 3:32 PM

Hi Bob,

I don't see the advantage of using a XML document for my CSS file and having the the XSLT stylesheets copying it. I see the following issues:

1.) Standard CSS editors cannot edit the file
2.) Duplicate the content of the CSS file
3.) Usage of a a non-standard format for my CSS file.
4.) Re-use difficult. As I re-used the same CSS file for non DocBook based articles I would have to maintain 2 version of the file.

Would it be possible to use a standard css file? I generate the articles for my webpage from Docbook and all articles are pointing to a central CSS file. The "html.stylesheet" parameter was great for that.

Best regards, Lars