Subject: [docbook-apps] Draft mode: Missing image error affects all PDF builds

Using the watermark feature for draft docs:
My book has a  status="draft" attribute.

In my PDF customization layer I enter the following parameters:

<xsl:param name="draft.mode">maybe</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="draft.watermark.image">../images/draft.png</xsl:param>

Problem: Error messages about missing draft.png are now generated when I
export *any* book to PDF, regardless of whether a status attribute is set on
the book.

This is obviously caused by the graphic not being available in a common
folder accessible to all.
But I think this is a bug. The errors should not be generated if draft mode
has not been turned on in the source XML, by using status="draft".