Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] "html.stylesheet" parameter in the xhtml5 Stylesheets

Hi Jirka,
Actually, I should have clarified that I did that for the custom.css.source file, which the stylesheets reference relative to the XML document, not the stylesheets:

   <xsl:variable name="css.node" select="document($custom.css.source,.)/*[1]"/>

The docbook.css.source file is referenced relative to the XSL files:

   <xsl:variable name="css.node" select="document($docbook.css.source)/*[1]"/>

Note that the first example's document() function has two arguments. If there is no second argument, then the document() function looks in the same location as the XSL file containing the function. If the second argument is ".", then it is taken relative to the location of the current document node.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jirka Kosek" <jirka@kosek.cz>
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
Cc: "Lars Vogel" <lars.vogel@googlemail.com>; "DocBook Apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:14 AM

Regarding your objections, I get around those by using XInclude. I have a standard CSS file that I include into an XML file using XInclude:

<xi:include href="mycustom.css" parse="text" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>

That way I keep all the edits in one standard CSS file, and I don't have to copy it into each output directory using a separate command.

Bob, how do you manage to have this file along your source XML files not
in the directory with DocBook XSL stylesheets distribution? I got quite
strange behaviour when I set docbook.css.source parameter to absolute path.

Thanks,

   Jirka