Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Draft mode: Missing image error affects all PDF builds

OK, the workaround when using FOP is to provide an image file at the location specified by the 'draft.watermark.image' parameter, even though it is not used. Then FOP will note that the file exists and carry on.

----- Original Message ----- From: "michael mclaughlin" <m_mclaug@yahoo.co.uk>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:42 AM

I am using FOP 1.0.

--- On Fri, 23/9/11, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:

From: Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>
To: "mike 675" <m_mclaug@yahoo.co.uk>, docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: Friday, 23 September, 2011, 22:30
Which XSL-FO processor are you
using? I'm guessing those error messages are coming
from the XSL-FO processor and not the XSL stylesheet.

Setting draft.mode to anything but 'no' causes the
stylesheet to load into the XSL-FO file the extra
page-masters that are needed for displaying the draft
watermark image in the background. If there are no
draft instances, those page-masters are never used, so there
should not be such an error reported. I believe it was
FOP that checked for the existence of the image when the
XSL-FO file is parsed, not when the image is used. I
consider that to be a bug in the XSL-FO processor, not the
stylesheet. Other processors don't report it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "mike 675" <m_mclaug@yahoo.co.uk>