Subject: Re: re: [docbook-apps] Accessibility: adding scope attribute to HTML output

Thanks Bob.
By adding the role attribute to my table, I can get things working.
I add a role="col" or role="row" attribute to the required table entry elements. They are then transformed to scope="row" or scope="col" in the HTML output.

----
<xsl:template match="thead/row/entry" mode="class.attribute">
     <xsl:attribute name="scope">
        <xsl:value-of select="@role"/>
    </xsl:attribute>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="tbody/row/entry[1]" mode="class.attribute">
   <xsl:attribute name="scope">
    <xsl:value-of select="@role"/>
   </xsl:attribute>
</xsl:template>
----

The only drawback is that I need to rework my XML source. I will have to sort out a reg exp that will add the role attribute to some of my massive tables.