Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] cacute missing in PDF only

Hi Mark,
FOP's error message says 0x107, which is the correct Unicode value for "Latin Small Letter C with acute", which suggests that the FO output is correct.

I think you will need to consult the FOP list  on this one.

From: Mark Craig
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 2:17 AM

Thanks, Bob, for your help.

I've set my project up to use DejaVu, which as seen in the font viewer does include ć in all the families, styles, and weights available.

Looking at your instructions on missing characters:
  • If the entity were entered wrong, I'd expect it to be a problem in all output formats, not just PDF.
  • Regarding named character entities, the character is not defined as ć, but instead just typed it in as a special character or as ć. (neither works)
  • If it were the output encoding, wouldn't the WARNING not be able to recognize the glyph at all, rather than identify it correctly?
  • When I export the RTF to PDF, the ć shows up fine. So I'm guessing it's not the output medium.
  • This is the only character not resolving that I've seen -- though almost all content is English for now -- in PDF, yet the entity resolves correctly in other output formats such as HTML and RTF.

Where else should I look?

Regards,
Mark