Subject: Re: Docbook and 'style'. db5 and xsl-fo output

davep <davep@dpawson.co.uk> writes:
> Some time back I had an itch, I wanted to add style information to docbook schema.
> I've now scratched it, adding properties to a couple of elements and creating
> stylesheet customizations to match.
>
> See http://dpawson.co.uk/docbook/style/style.html

Interesting. I've occasionally hacked a bit in the same vein on the HTML
side of the house, updating schemas and stylesheets so that elements and
attributes in the HTML namespace are passed through:

  <para html:style="font-style: italic;">Some<h:br/>pointless
  example text.</para>

produces:

  example text.</p>

Sometimes I think it's a good idea, sometimes I think I'm clearly
doing the devil's work. I dunno.

In my case, it was particularly handy to allow HTML elements in the
<info> wrapper that were transparently passed through to the HEAD of
the HTML document.

It's certainly a step backwards from the mantra of "separation of
content and presentation". But you know, sometimes you have to get the
job done.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--