Subject: re: Generated epub to mobi - lists are incorrectly displayed

this may or may not be related to your issue with mobipocket
massacring your lists.

One quirk of Docbook is that it adds a P tag into every LI element.
Mobipocket especially does not like that.

</ul> is what actually is in the epub output. My guess is that you
didn't notice that there was actually another p tag inside each <li>
tag in the  epub file.

Here was Bob's solution to that -- previously posted on the list -- to
strip the p tag from the LI element

 <xsl:template match="orderedlist/listitem/para
[count(preceding-sibling::*) = 0 and count(following-sibling::*) =
0]">
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="itemizedlist/listitem/para
[count(preceding-sibling::*) = 0 and count(following-sibling::*) =
0]">
<xsl:apply-templates/> </xsl:template>

If that is not the problem, I'm guessing that there is some conflict
in the epub output which is triggering something crazy by kindlegen
and calibre.  Perhaps you have declared some stylesheet  in paragraph
spacing or line spacing css which is being incorrectly translated to
an extra line. YOu can verify that by temporarily changing the css to
blank and seeing what happens.

But I'm pretty sure the first solution I suggested is right.

--
Robert Nagle
6121 Winsome Ln #56C, Houston TX 77057-5581

ubject: Generated epub to mobi - lists are incorrectly displayed