Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Show chapters in both book and part TOCs

FO. I haven't tried HTML yet, but I can do that and let you know if it's the same.

- Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2011 12:31 AM
To: Parker, Joel J. K. (GSFC-5950); docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Is this for FO output or HTML output?

From: "Parker, Joel J. K. (GSFC-5950)" <joel.j.k.parker@nasa.gov>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 7:17 AM

I have a book with parts, chapters, and sections. I'm trying to show a TOC at the book
level with parts and chapters, and a TOC at the part level with just chapters.

It seemed from initial inspection that I should be able to set toc.section.depth = 0
to include everything exception section titles. But this doesn't do what I want: at
the book level, this just shows the parts in the TOC. At the part level, it shows
chapters (this is correct).

If I set toc.section.depth = 1, it goes too far: at the book level, it shows parts,
chapters, and first-level sections, and at the part level, it shows chapters and
first-level sections.

So what am I doing wrong here? With a depth of 0, the book TOC shows too little, and
with a depth of 1, it shows too much!

Thanks,
- Joel