Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Generated epub to mobi - lists are incorrectly displayed

Lars, I am not sure you are correct about this.

If you want to have the following output, you have to be able to put paragraphs inside an <li> item.  <li> in html is a block, but I believed it should act as a “merged” block, i.e., it can be its own container, but if it has any other containers inside it, the first one should be merged with the outer block.  If there was text BEFORE the first inner block (ie., <li>some text <p> … ) then I could accept your idea, but with out any other text, there is no reason to do anything when you start the list item except wait for the next thing and then decide what to do.  That is, the <li> should not, without the presence of any other text or containers (or the complete absence) act as its own “break”.

Your idea would mean that Item 2 would ALWAYS have a space at the top and I can’t believe that is the way it is intended.

Jon

·         Item 1: This is item 1’s first paragraph.  Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

·         Item 2: This is item 2’s first paragraph. .  Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

This is its second paragraph. .  Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

·         Item 3: This is item 3’s first paragraph. .  Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum