Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] how put narrow non-breaking spaces before punctuation marks

Thank all for your help ! I know better understand what is happening.

@Bob: I used the oXygen included FOP and tried with the free XEP.
 I did not find the intermediary .fo file (I get directly the pdf) as you suggested, but took a peek in the spaces.xsl and did not see any mention about non-breaking spaces.
Anyway I guess the *narrow* non-breaking space seems to be hardly used, since it is actually missing from most of fonts. I'll be replace it by the usual non-breaking space, and will try to adjust them afterwards with the xsl.

@Radu: Thanks for the tip. May I insert a special character in the template code instead of the html entity (in order to be more compatible with other editors)?

Best, Patricia