Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] how put narrow non-breaking spaces before punctuation marks

Hi Patricia,

About this remark:

I did not find the intermediary .fo file (I get directly the pdf) as you suggested

You can duplicate and edit the original Docbook to PDF transformation scenario and in the "FO Processor" tab uncheck the "Perform FO Processing" checkbox. Then in the "Output" tab set the output file name to have the ".fo" extension and choose to open it in the editor, instead of opening it in the browser.

May I insert a special character in the template code instead of the html entity (in order to be more compatible with other editors)?

The " " is not a HTML entity, it is a character entity which should be recognized by any XML-compliant parser. So no worries about compatibility with using this approach.

But yes, you can also input the Unicode version of the character directly in a custom "Code Template" value text area. How to do this? You can open the Oxygen Character Map for example, find the character, press "Copy" to copy directly its unicode value, close the dialog and then paste the character in the code template value field.

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu
http://www.oxygenxml.com