Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Filtering out sections?

Hi Lars
In my course materials I do the equivalent.
I just use two includes in the book.

Cheers
Niels

Sent from an iPad Nano in some i[A-Za-z]*verse

On 27/11/2011, at 12.51, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Sorry for the earlier mail, I accidently send it out before it was finished.

I have a DocBook source with I want to re-use in different environments.

For example I have an web tutorial for Java Debugging which is an "Article" and which following the structure:

<section>
<title> Debugging</title>
      <section>
              <title> Detail1 </title>
       </section>
          <section>
              <title> Detail2 </title>
       </section>
</section>

I want to re-use Detail1 and Detail2 in an larger document of type "book". I do this via an x-include.

<chapter>
<title>Developing Java</title>
<xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude" href="" />
</chapter>

Unfortunately this brings also in the first section of the article which I would like to filter out. The desired result would be:

<chapter>
<title>Developing Java</title>
<section>
              <title> Detail1 </title>
       </section>
          <section>
              <title> Detail2 </title>
       </section>
</chapter>
Is that possible via a kind of filtering?

Best regards, Lars
--
Lars
http://www.vogella.de - Eclipse, Android and Java Tutorials