Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Filtering out sections?

Hi Dave, hi Tom,

thanks for the great suggestions. I will try Daves Approach as it appears simple to me.

Thanks again, Lars

2011/11/27 David Cramer <david@thingbag.net>

Hi Lars,
In this case, you could process the file after xincluding to remove
the wrapper section and promote the child sections. E.g.

<section role="wrapper">
 <title> Debugging</title>
     <section>
             <title> Detail1 </title>
      </section>
         <section>
             <title> Detail2 </title>
      </section>
</section>

Then then in the preprocessing xslt:

<xsl:template match="section[@role='wrapper']">
 <xsl:apply-templates select="section"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="@*|node()">
</xsl:template>

It will work in this case since the doc is valid with the wrapper as
well as the wrapped content. If the wrapper were a chapter, then it
wouldn't work well because your doc wouldn't be valid at authoring
time even if it would be after pre-processing.

David