Subject: Re: RE: [docbook-apps] Ubuntu package for DocBook XSL 1.76.1

Hi Daniel,
I'm not sure, but I think the docbook-website package needs to be declared obsolete. Starting with version 1.70 of DocBook XSL in 2006, the website stylesheets were bundled with the DocBook XSL distribution. No one on the docbook-dev team has created a new docbook-website distribution since 2005. Let me ask on the docbook-dev mailing list before you do anything to update this package.

I'm not clear what your last paragraph means. How will the included files be removed if the package is touched?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Leidert" <daniel.leidert.spam@gmx.net>
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
Cc: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2011 1:59 PM

Hi,

Sorry, I missed this mail. Please don't remove any parts of my mail
address (the address you used probably doesn't even exist).

docbook-website is out of date. The last maintainer retired from the
Debian project some time ago. I'll check, if I can update the package.

But what do you mean with the latter? The docbook-xsl(-ns) package is
up-to-data and includes the website XSL files. When the docbook-website
package is touched, the included XSL files will be removed.

Regards, Daniel