Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] chunked output and XSLT2.0 patch

Hello Jirka,

It's been seven months since our last exchange on that subject, so I don't know if the problem with "longdesc" and saxon9 with the XSLT2  patch for chunked HTML has been solved by someone else. Anyway, I finally got back to it and I may have found the start of a solution(if a solution is still needed).

What was happening:
- The chunking with saxon9(and XSLT2) works differently than with other processors: it first builds a complete result tree with "ch:chunk" elements to be then processed in a second step to detect chunks and write the needed files.
- Since the result from the template "write.longdesc" in "graphics.xsl" is only used by the template "process.image" to generate the "longdesc" attribute in the final document, the actual content with the "ch:chunk" element is not written to the result tree of the first step, so no file is written for the longdesc.

So, my solution is to simply add the "ch:chunk" and its content to the result tree IF XSLT version is >= 2.0 in the template matching "imagedata" in "graphics.xsl" so the file is written.

Attached is my patch for "html/graphics.xsl" from docbook-xsl-1.76.1, see lines 1238 to 1241.

I hope it will be useful.

                                                                                Maxime