Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Limitations in table border formatting with xsltproc+fop ?

Hi Johan,

Indeed when inserting a table in the Author page using the toolbar actions from Oxygen the "Frame" values combo box defaults to "all", but this can be easily changed before inserting it. Of course, when working in the Author page it's harder to spot attribute values, you could try to switch to using the "Full Tags with Attributes" view mode from the Author toolbar.

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu
http://www.oxygenxml.com

On 1/15/2012 10:21 PM, Johan Persson wrote:
Thanks Bob, (Second time you came to my rescue over the last three years
when I obvously had too little coffee..)

I feel embarrassed ... I should have checked directly in the code for an
extra "frame" added by my editor (I use Oxygen), but that never struck
me since usually Oxygen is very good in not adding extra "fluff".

Cheers

Johan

On 2012-01-15 19:12, Bob Stayton wrote:

Hi Johan,
I'm not able to duplicate all your problems. I just tried FOP 1.0 on a
table that had no frame attribute, and setting just the following params:

My results show a table border top and bottom only, and no visible
cell borders. Does your table have a 'frame' attribute? If so, then
the 'default.table.frame' param will have no effect, because it is
only used when there is no @frame attribute. Some XML editors may
insert a frame attribute, by the way.
I also get the top and bottom table borders repeated at the page
breaks because the stock 'table.table.properties' attribute set in
DocBook XSL 1.76.1 comes with one of the conditionality attributes,
and FOP 1 supports them. Not sure why just one, but it seems to work
sufficiently. You mentioned version 1.76.2, but that does not exist.
It must be either 1.75.2 or 1.76.1.
Your goal of a row border to appear only below the table header will
require a customization of the 'table.cell.properties'. Copy that
template from fo/table.xsl to your customization layer and add
something like this:

0.5pt
solid
black

If you are using the namespaced stylesheets, then add the d: prefix to
thead and row in this example.
bobs@sagehill.net <mailto:bobs@sagehill.net>