Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] long table work around

On Thu, January 26, 2012 2:57 am, Paul Tremblay wrote:
> For a long table, FOP cannot create a title on each page with the words
> "cont." after it. I have created the following hack to get around this
> problem. I wonder if there is an easier way? My method required quite a
> bit of code.

If you are up to rolling your own FOP, there's this patch to FOP for
'fox:table-omit-last-footer' and 'fox:table-omit-first-header' extension
properties:

   http://markmail.org/message/ozt647locaxogg3q

In your case, you'd probably put the real table inside a table where the
table header cell's content was the title plus the "cont." text and set it
to omit the table header on its first page.

One of my clients with a similar requirement for table continuation
markers (with non-DocBook XML) reported success after applying the patch
to their custom version of FOP.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@mentea.net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming