Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Oxygen XML Editor: Docbook XML to HTML using CSS

Hi Daniel,
I'm not clear what the problem is here.  You say you are generating HTML output, but your example in red is not an HTML output element, and you show the element markup itself as being displayed in the browser in red.

I suspect this is displaying an error-flagging feature of the DocBook XSL stylesheet.  When the stylesheet encounters an input element it does not recognize, it generates an error message along the lines of:

     Element body_text in namespace '' encountered in chapter, but no template matches.

and then outputs the element as escaped markup in red, with the intent of making it visible so it can be fixed:

Can you peek inside your HTML and see if that is what you are getting?  If so, then your customization layer needs to add a template with match="body_text" to process that element.

Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:43 AM

Hello,

currently we are having some problems customizing the respective XSL stylesheet for transforming our documents into Html ( and if it works also XHTML, webhelp etc.).
The problems seems to be that Oxygen in a way is blocking our CSS stylesheet, since it is obviously recognized by the XSL stylesheet:

<xsl:template name="user.head.content">
            &css;
    </xsl:template>

The code staed above is working out pretty fine, but still the result we we see is not what we configured.

As a consequence, the ouput is not what it should be.

Instead applying what was specified:

body_text{
   font-family: Ariel;
   font-size: 10pt;
   line-height: 100%;
   text-align: left;
   padding-bottom: 12pt;
}

the result is <body_text>test</body_text> . It is red instead of black.

Can anyone give me a hint what the problem is? Have I configured Oxygen incorrectly or is it the XSL Stylesheet.

Thanks!

Daniel Keyes

Disclaimer
The information contained in this e - mail and any attachments
( together the "message") is intended for the addressee only and may
contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you have received
the message by mistake please delete it and notify the sender and do
not copy or distribute it or disclose its contents to anyone.

FINARIS Financial Software Partner GmbH
Sömmerringstr. 23, 60322 Frankfurt/Main, Germany
Registered at Frankfurt/Main, HRB 52873

Managing Directors:
Dipl. Inf. Hermann Friebel, Dipl. Ing. Kai Bächle, Dipl. Inf. Werner Märkl