Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Titlepage customization

Paul Tremblay-2 wrote:

> I'm at work right now, so I can't give you a detailed answer just yet.
> I've
> done the same thing. Basically, you can do this two ways:
>
> 1. include a page break in your block
>
>   <fo:block break-after="page" ...
>
> 2. Probably better for your purposes, call on your own page sequences.
> Mine
> looks like this:
>
>    <xsl:template match="d:article">
>      <xsl:variable name="id">
>        <xsl:call-template name="object.id"/>
>      </xsl:variable>
>
>      <xsl:call-template name="page.sequence">
>        <xsl:with-param name="master-reference">titlepage</xsl:with-param>
>        <xsl:with-param name="content">
>          <fo:block id="{$id}"
>
> xsl:use-attribute-sets="component.titlepage.properties">
>            <xsl:call-template name="article.titlepage"/><!--my own custom
> title page so won't work for you-->
>          </fo:block>
>          <fo:block break-after="page"/>
>        </xsl:with-param>
>      </xsl:call-template>
>
>      <xsl:call-template name="make.article.tocs"/>
>

>      <xsl:call-template name="page.sequence">
>        <xsl:with-param name="master-reference">body</xsl:with-param>
>        <xsl:with-param name="content">
>          <xsl:apply-templates
>              select="*[not(self::bibliography)]"/>
>        </xsl:with-param>
>      </xsl:call-template>
>
>      <xsl:if test="$long.table != ''">
>          <xsl:call-template name="make-long-tables"/>
>      </xsl:if>
>

>      <xsl:if test="bibliography">
>        <xsl:call-template name="page.sequence">
>          <xsl:with-param name="master-reference">back</xsl:with-param>
>          <xsl:with-param name="content">
>            <xsl:apply-templates select="bibliography"/>
>          </xsl:with-param>
>        </xsl:call-template>
>      </xsl:if>
>    </xsl:template>
>

> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 2:47 PM, danmauer <dan.mauer@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> So I'm having a hard time comprehending how to properly build a custom
>> titlepage specification XML file.
>>
>> I've got the process down -- create the specification XML, transform it
>> using the template/titlepage.xsl stylesheet to generate a custom XSL
>> titlepage stylesheet, then import that into my regular customization
>> stylesheet.
>>
>> What I can't figure out is how to actually write the template.  My
>> document
>> is an <article>, and in print format I want it to start out with a single
>> front title page, including the title, subtitle, a couple of PNG images,
>> and
>> a date.  Then a second page containing the revision history, and finally
>> third page with the table of contents.
>>
>> I've based my titlepage spec file on the <t:titlepage t:element="article"
>> t:wrapper="fo:block"
>>             font-family="{$title.fontset}">...</t:titlepage> section of
>> the
> [...]

Thanks for your response... it seems option #2 is a more "complete" way to
accomplish this, but as of now -- I'm still quite new to docbook -- it's a
touch over my head.  Am I correct that here, you are essentially doing
everything within the main style sheet, rather than using a titlepage xml
specification file to generate a separate XSL for the title page?

Thanks,
-dan