Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] PDF Cutomization

Did RenderX change the shell script for running XEP in version 4.19? How does it compare to an earlier version?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacques Foucry" <jacques@foucry.net>
To: "docbook-apps docbook-apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2012 8:53 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] PDF Cutomization

Hello folks,

Many times ago I tried to add variables text in my genereted PDF.

I found simple workaroud: use --stringparam with xsltproc and -param with XEP (which is the one I use).

So I call xep like that:

xep -xsl myStylesheet.xsl -xml myFile.xml -param buyer.name="John Doe" -pdf /tmp/dummy.pdf

Inside myStyleSheet.xsl I defined a default value for buyer.name

<xsl:variable name="buyer.name" select="nobody nobody"/>

And i use it in a template

<xsl:template name="generated.for">
<fo:block>
<xsl:text>This PDF was generated for </xsl:text>
<xsl:value-fo select="$buyer.name"/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

It had worked. But since I updated XEP to 4.19, It does not work anymore, every time I found nobody nobody instead of John Doe.

Is any one could help me?

Regards,

Thanks in advance,
Jacques