Subject: DocBook, visualized as a treemap

hi,
I wonder if there is already a tool out there to visualize a DocBook
document as a treemap.

I came across some interesting research on how one can visualize
changes between two treemaps that would be useful to monitor changes
in a DocBook document: create the treemap today, create a new one
tomorrow, compare the two with a layout distance function which
creates a new treemap that shows changes by differences in contrast.
And there you have it, a simple graphic to give a high-level view of
the differences between documents or versions of a document.

So, before I go inventing this wheel, I wondered if someone already
has such a project. If not, does anyone see the benefit or perhaps
another way to get the same basic result?

thanks,
--Tim Arnold