Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] striped table border colors

Hi Gregorio,
Borders within a table are set on table cells, not on rows.  I believe the reason for that must be cell spans, which can put the bottom of a cell in one row in the next row or several rows.

Customize the template 'table.cell.properties' from fo/table.xsl to set the custom borders.

Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:05 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] striped table border colors

Hello:

I have a particular style of table I am attempting to generate into PDF using the fo stylesheets.
Specifically I am getting custom striped rows, but I also need to generate white rowsep/colsep or cell borders. I am trying to do this in my custom layer, and here is a piece of the xsl:

<xsl:template name="table.row.properties">
  <xsl:variable name="tabstyle">
    <xsl:call-template name="tabstyle"/>
  </xsl:variable>
   <xsl:variable name="rownum">
    <xsl:number from="tgroup" count="row"/>
  </xsl:variable>
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="$tabstyle = 'striped'">
      <xsl:if test="$rownum mod 2 = 0">
        <xsl:attribute name="background-color">#939598</xsl:attribute>
        <!--attributes to change border colors?-->
<xsl:attribute name="border-right">0.5pt white</xsl:attribute>
        <xsl:attribute name="border-left">0.5pt white</xsl:attribute>
      </xsl:if>
    <xsl:if test="$rownum mod 2 != 0">
      <xsl:attribute name="background-color">#bcbec0</xsl:attribute>
<!--?attributes to change border colors?-->
    </xsl:if>
   </xsl:when>
 </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

Obviously this is not working, the portions following <!--attributes to change border colors?--> are simply variations of my attempts to get some sort of change to the table.cell.properties,
however I could not find any sort of combination to get the result I wish for, which would be white colored rules between the cells of the table.

Is this even possible? Any suggestions?

Thank you for taking the time to read my questions.
/Gregorio