Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] What is it mean by BUILDING DocBook ?

Hi,

This time, it is not out put  '.' is not a working copy error. After executing the command,the after few second it gave another error msg.

gihan@gihan-HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC:~$ cd $DOCBOOK_SVN

gihan@gihan-HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC:~/subversion/docbook/trunk$ rm -f DOCBOOK-BUILD.LOG && \
>      . ~/docbk.sh && \
>      $DOCBOOK_SVN/buildtools/build-clean && \
>      make all 2>&1 \
>        XSLTENGINE=xsltproc \
>        | tee DOCBOOK-BUILD.LOG && \
>      $DOCBOOK_SVN/buildtools/build-check DOCBOOK-BUILD.LOG

Unversioned files found. Before building, either delete the
following files, add them to the repository, or add them to
the svn:ignore properties for their parent directories.

       testdocs/tests/graphics
       xsl/epub/bin/spec/files/graphics

I removed above two file and again run the makeall at a same time. But I get struck in another location.So, I run the command one by one and out put is as below,

gihan@gihan-HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC:~/subversion/docbook/trunk$ rm -f DOCBOOK-BUILD.LOG
gihan@gihan-HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC:~/subversion/docbook/trunk$ . ~/docbk.sh
gihan@gihan-HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC:~/subversion/docbook/trunk$ $DOCBOOK_SVN/buildtools/build-clean
gihan@gihan-HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC:~/subversion/docbook/trunk$ make all 2>&1 XSLTENGINE=xsltproc | tee DOCBOOK-BUILD.LOG
make: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.

What will be the possible wrong procedure which give this error msg.

Thank You in Advance!.

Regards
--Gihan

Hi,
I had look at the build-clean script to understand what caused this issue. Apparently, you should be inside your $DOCBOOK_SVN directory to perform this task. Since it runs the command `svn status` in the current folder (which is specified by a dot .), if you ran it from your home directory it won't work.

 '.' is not a working copy means that your current directory is not under svn version control. So, `cd $DOCBOOK_SVN` before invoking your command chain.

Regards,
--Kasun