Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] adding a footer only to last page

Thanks Bob for your help.

I'm wondering if there is other way do achive a similar result. I want to have an image and some text at the bottom of each page that ends an article. I though a footer would be an obvious solution, but maybe there is other way to put that content at the bottom of a page. My book is generated dynamically, so for example, I'm able to add that content to each article, if that would allow me to use some other mechanism and simplify the solution.

Robert

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
Hi Robert,
Ah, sorry, this is actually a bit more complicated than I remembered.  The DocBook XSL stylesheets  are not set up with page-masters for 'last', and so that all has to be set up before the $sequence='last' in footer.content will work.  I'll see if I can dig up an example of a working version.

From: robert
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 1:16 AM

Hi Bob,

I can't get this working and have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
My customization layer contains the following:

<xsl:param name="footer.rule" select="0"></xsl:param>

<xsl:attribute-set name="footer.content.properties">
  <xsl:attribute name="background-color">red</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

<xsl:template name="footer.content">
  <xsl:param name="pageclass" select="''"/>
  <xsl:param name="sequence" select="''"/>
  <xsl:param name="position" select="''"/>
  <xsl:param name="gentext-key" select="''"/>
  <fo:block>
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="$double.sided = 0 and $position='left' and self::d:article and $sequence = 'last'">
        www.foo.com
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
        <!-- nop -->
      </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

When I apply this do a book with several articles, i.e.:

  version="5.0">
  <info>
    <title>Media Access Proxy™</title>
  </info>
  <article xml:id="a1">
  </article>
  <article xml:id="a2">
  </article>
</book>

I would like to see (in a PDF file) the 'www.foo.com' text at the left bottom of the page on the red background twice (i.e. at the end of each article). But I see a box with the red background on all pages and the text never appears.

Thanks for your help.
Robert