Subject: Re: : Need to clarify few things about DocBook's GSoC-12 project idea-"Transform from make-based build system to ANT"

I suspect that the proposal is talking about a backend  process to
generate docbook XSL builds from source code on the sourceforge
project to replace a make system.

But another need may for a good generic ant script which could be
customized by end users to generate epub output on different
platforms.

Lars Vogel has done some work on that.
http://www.vogella.de/articles/DocBook/article.html#epub but
apparently there are still things it needs to do.

I'd love to switch over completely to make, but I find it a little
overwhelming.

Since epub3 is coming soon as well, any ant script needs to be
forward-thinking as well.

rj

--
Robert Nagle
6121 Winsome Ln #56C, Houston TX 77057-5581