Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Extend supported output formats

Hi Gihan,
So you're free to submit whatever proposal you want for a GSoC
project. The items on the ideas pages are just starting points that
various people jotted down. Some are more worked up than others, but
you're free to change based on your interests, feedback, community
interest, and so on.

In the case of building an apk from DocBook, much of the source for
the apk will be generated from DocBook at build time. I would look
around for some .apk books and see how close the html and other
internal resources are to .epub. If a .apk book is very close to
.epub, then it should be a pretty easy task to turn the .epub you
currently get from DocBook into a .apk file. If that's the case, you
would want to find other stuff to add to the proposal so you have
enough to do over the summer.

We should also ask the other mentors if any are interested in this
project and what their thoughts are. I'm hoping they'll chime in.

Thanks,
David