Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Nook reader problems with epub file generated with docbook-xsl-ns-1.76.1

Hi Boris,
I have a Nook Tablet, and I just loaded your epub onto it and it seems to work ok. In the Books listing, it shows "Book title" and "Firstname Lastname" on the book icon. Not sure why it doesn't work for you. Nook software version? My software version is 1.4.2, if that helps.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Boris Schäling" <boris@highscore.de>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 5:50 PM

Hello,

I created an epub file with docbook-xsl-ns-1.76.1 which works on all readers
tested - except on the Nook (or actually with the NOOK for PC software). I
stripped the epub file to make it as simple as possible. I can load and open
the book now (opening didn't work before - but only one problem at a time
:). There is something wrong though when I look at the book in the library
in NOOK for PC: It doesn't show the title (should be "Book title") and
author (should be "Firstname Lastname"). It shows the filename
"nooktest.epub" and "Unknown Author" instead. The Nook software seems to
fail to read <dc:title> and <dc:creator>. Why I don't know. I've attached
the very simple epub file - maybe someone has an idea what's wrong?
(Epubcheck 1.2 says the file is OK. No problem with Adobe Digital Editions
either.)

Boris