Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Extend supported output formats

Hi Jirka :

I'm not clear one thing that you said.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
On 21.3.2012 21:14, David Cramer wrote:

I'm far from Android expert (I'm not even user). AFAIK .apk is complete
application. Gihan would have to develop Android application for
browsing HTML pages produced from DocBook. Of course this is quite
simple as Android application can easily include Web browser widget.
What did you mean by this point?. Am I going to implement a html interpreter(browser) which is showing the HTML pages produced by DocBook?

So far I'm with the idea of "Android-xsl sheet produces android applications (APKs) for each user xml input(which is in DocBook format). This APK has the capabilities such as collapsible table of contents, searchable index and full-text searching.
Ex: if user A wants to build android apk, he can build it by using Android-xsl and install in to Android. Also user B wants an apk, also he should follow previous steps and both have different apk applications for their documents."

But I got this point as "their is an Android application which can interpret the output from DocBook HTML. Some thing like text editor. But it include the tools which give capabilities such as collapsible table of contents, searchable index and full-text searching."

But it is conflict with the point which is said by you earlier(with my previous understanding) :
"Output (in case of Android) should be tool (probably Java written, maybe
Ant build file will be sufficient) which takes as an input DocBook XML
document and proudces Android application which can be installed and
after it is installed it can be used for browsing original DocBook
document including features like collapsible table of contents,
searchable index and full-text searching."

Can you explain it ?

Thank you in Advance !.

--
Regards