Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Extend supported output formats

Hi Jirka :

Thank you very much for your explanation about my ambiguities of project idea.
I went though all three replies of yours.
I saw that your have some magnificent ideas in your mind.

>> Sure, for example output for Android should be application which can be
>> installed as any other application.
>
> So that means, output Android application like some thing which is include
> the content of information which is given by user in xml. So, I'm going to
> create an application which include tools for easy access to the content
> (like search..).

>Yes.
I'm very much happy to hear that I've a clear idea about goal of this project since I got attention.

Yes. Actually WebHelp could be in theory used directly, but UX of
WebHelp will not be very good on small screens. Thus it would be better
to create application that will provide its own touch-friendly interface
for working with ToC, index and search. Only real content should be
displayed using embedded web browser component.

Yes, I can imagine what you are talking about. Main feature of this application should be ability to read the what ever content easily. So in small devices, the whole display should dedicate to view content at reading time.
Ex: I like to add a feature which is in ubuntu. In Ubuntu-11.10, when I'm in the home folder and if I want to search for a particular file then I can search by simply type on the keyboard. Automatically, Ubuntu OS takes that as a search and show a simple text box which include the word that we are searching for. Also it highlights first best match and navigate to that file.
Like wise we can add search content in that way. When user want to search for a particular word, what he has to do is simply start typing word. Or in smart multi-tough phones, motion of finger move (horizontally, vertically or diagonally) will pop up a key board to type. Also it is posibble to use voice recognition system in smart phone to get the input.

I got bunch of ideas for ToC and index also. I think, it is better to mention those in my application.
I add few in here to see your comments on those.

Thank you in Advance !.
--
Regards
Gihan Chanuka Karunarathne