Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] mediaobject with base64 encoded image data

That doesn't work together with the IBEX processor because "data:.." is
wrapped into "url(data:..)" and then the processor treats "data:.." as an
url, which it is not and thus the image is not rendered as the data of the
image can't be retrieved from the path "data:.." unless it exists by
coincidence.

>There migh be needed some small
>changes in XSL stylesheets in order to skip usual file path massaging.

That would be the template named "fo-external-image" in graphics.xsl, isn't
it?

>Also I think that even data: should be wrapped in url() otherwise it
>would be non-conforming to XSL-FO spec.

At least the implemented IBEX interpretation of the XSL-FO spec doesn't
behave like that.

Cheers,
Dominik