Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Extend supported output formats

Hi David, Jirka :

Thank you very much for your comments !.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 8:30 PM, David Cramer <david@thingbag.net> wrote:

On 04/03/2012 06:01 AM, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> On 3.4.2012 11:03, gihan karunarathne wrote:
>
>> I attached a copy[1] of them (also attached a picture. I don't
>> know, is it possible to send attachments) and already shared to
>> the Jirka. Hey devs, I like to have some comments on my design,
>> about its weaknesses, further enhancements, new feature to add,
>> appreciations and any thing to improve it. I think your comments
>> are more help me to do this.
>
> I think that design is good and further improvements probably needs
> to be based on real experience using such application.

Indeed it looks promising!

David

As I know, Android uses XML to keep the data and also for store/maintain the structure of the GUI.
Each component has an identifier and when java class want to get access into XML they use identifies. So, those identifies are saved in a one common file generated by Android(default) and get access to other XML contents via it.
I researched for find a way to view the html content[1] [2] in Android ( according to Jirka said that I can use DocBook xsl into my project). I found that their is class library for html inside android OS.
So, I think it can do the html rendering part and show the content which are generated by DocBook xsl. So I have to use those resources in useful manner, implement more effective user interface[3].

I tried for few of Android applications like pdf readers and eBook readers. I try with those in my Android emulator (which is virtual Android phone running on Desktop) and tried to figure out some of missing thing.

[1]. http://developer.android.com/reference/android/text/Html.html
[2]. http://developer.android.com/reference/android/webkit/WebView.html
[3]. http://developer.android.com/reference/android/widget/package-summary.html

--