Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to style ePub TOCs

In general, most styling should be done with CSS.  You should be able to control link underlining with CSS for your ePub output.

a {
  text-decoration: none;
}

will turn off the underlines in a browser that respects that CSS.

From: DC Denison
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 2:34 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] How to style ePub TOCs

Hi, I'm working with DocBook 5, and Oxygen 13.1 to transform  DocBook5 xml files to ePub using ANT.

Works great, generally.

But I'm trying to figure out how to style the ebook TOCs so that the chapter titles and the chapter numbers aren't all underlined.

I think there should be a way to add a entry to my custom xsl that would say, "no underlining" or "just underline chapter title, not number." But I haven't been able to figure out how.

Anyone know a way to do that? Or have any ideas on where I might look?

thanks in advance.

DC Denison