Subject: Weird error when working with epub2

I'm using epub2 to generate kindle content. I get the following error when trying to vaidate the book.

ERROR: docbook-howto.epub/OEBPS/cover.html(3,230): non-standard image resource 'OEBPS/images/docbook.jpg' of type ''"

When I check content.opf I see the following:

<item id="cover-image" href="images/docbook.jpg" media-type=""/>

This happens both in the 1.76 and snapshot build 9303

Is there something I'm missing when using this with the epub2 stylesheets?  Has anyone had this kind of problem before?

Carlos