Subject: Highlighting new contents

We're in the process of rewriting documentation for a software product. We'll be copying over existing docs from the previous product version, but many of the contents will be written from scratch.

To make it easy for internal reviewers (mostly the devs) to distinguish new from old, we'd like to highlight the new stuff, for example as text in red. Target format is just XHTML, and "new stuff" would just be block-level elements (sections, paras mostly).

I was thinking of adding a role attribute to the block level elements that contain new stuff, and then processing it so that it comes out as red text or in some other distinguishable way:

<section role="new">, <para role="new">, etc.

But I was wondering if there's a better way of doing this, for example with a <new>...</new> wrapper that I happened to miss in the list of available tags on http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html. :-)

--
Cheers,

Stefan Hinz <stefan.hinz@oracle.com>, MySQL Documentation Manager

Phone: +49-30-82702940, Fax: +49-30-82702941, http://dev.mysql.com/doc

ORACLE Deutschland B.V.&  Co. KG
Registered Office: Riesstr. 25, 80992 Muenchen, Germany
Commercial Register: Local Court Of Munich, HRA 95603
Managing Director: Jürgen Kunz

General Partner: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
Register Of Chamber Of Commerce: Midden-Niederlande, No. 30143697
Managing Directors: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher