Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook stylesheets 2.0 customization

On 17.5.2012 6:32, Giorgio Valoti wrote:

> I’m looking for information about customizing the DocBook stylesheets
> 2.0.x <http://norman.walsh.name/2011/12/01/docbook-xslt2-2-0-3>. More
> precisely I’d like to produce html5 pages and I haven’t found for a
> way to add a class to heading tags. This is only an example, I have
> many other things to tweak or customize. I’ve searched on
> <http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/> but I haven’t found much
> information and maybe it’s outdated, too.

Unfortunatelly XSLT 2.0 based stylesheet you are referring are not
covered in excellent Bob Stayton's book. This book covers customization
of XSLT 1.0 based stylesheets available at
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/ which are mature, stable and proven
solution.

XSLT 2.0 stylesheets are bleeding edge, under development, so you will
not find that many information about them around.

Regarding classes on headings -- there is no easy way for such
customization now. Please fill feature request at GitHub. Meanwhile you
can change template from xslt/base/html/titlepage-mode.xsl in your
customization layer to add class attribute.

				Jirka