Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] What does "title" mean in generate.toc entries

Hi David,

On Tue, 22 May 2012 09:31:03 -0500
David Cramer <david@thingbag.net> wrote:

> I've long wondered about this. In the param generate.toc, what does
> "title" do in an entry like the following:
>
> article		toc,title
>
> See:
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.76.1/doc/html/generate.toc.html

According to Bob's book, chapter 10. General customizations[1]:

  "The parameter value is read as white-space separated pairs (leading
  whitespace is trimmed off). The first word of each pair is an element
  name, and the second word is a comma-separated list that specifies
  what kind of TOCs it should have. Most of them just use toc, which is
  a list of section titles. But the entry for the book element will
  also generate tables of figures, tables, examples, and equations. The
  word _title_ triggers printing a title for the list, such as "Table of
  Contents". Use a value of nop to turn off all TOCs for an element.
  You can also turn off a TOC by removing the element entirely from the
  parameter."

Probably the reference of generate.toc should also explain the missing
"title" keyword.

----
[1] http://sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TOCcontrol.html#TOCcomponents

--