Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] generating pdf from DocBook slides

On 05/26/2012 03:20 AM, Justus-bulk@Piater.name wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Why not use HTML for presentations?

Only HTML isn't enough. I need to distribute the slides to people who
didn't attend, and there pdf is more convenient.

> I used to provide PDF slides to my students, but have stopped doing that
> in favor of reformatting my slides as a DocBook article using home-brew
> XSLT, with better text flow and additional content.

We are talking about corporate culture here with branding and
pre-defined templates. I will be lucky if I can use anything other than
PowerPoint at all, so I want to deviate from mainstream as little as
possible (or at least only one step at a time).

    Stefan