Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] toc customization question

On 06/01/2012 09:18 AM, Tim Arnold wrote:
> Hi Dick,
> Thanks, I have been reading that section, but it's not that I want to
> control the toc on every section, just one section that has a
> particular attribute. My question wasn't clear that I do want section
> tocs, just not for this particular section.

Allow me to jump in with a somewhat related request:

I have run into other situations where I'd like to be able to control
ToC generation explicitly. For example: In DocBook Slides, I'd like to
generate a ToC for each foilgroup (and highlight the current position).
So far I have done this by customizing the appropriate xsl templates.
However, I think it would be very convenient for authors to be able to
explicitly request a toc at a given place, for example using a "<toc>"
element, akin to "<index>". (This could be further tuned by adding
attributes to indicate whether this should be a toc for the local
subtree, or a global one.)

Does this sound reasonable ? I will cross-post this to the docbook list,
too, as it is essentially a request for the DB grammar itself.

Thanks,
        Stefan