Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] 1.77.0 bug with index building?

One thing you might look at that changed between 1.76.1 and 1.77.0 is the effect of the 'generate.id.attributes' parameter. From the Release Notes:

Generate id attributes

The stylesheet param generate.id.attributes already existed but was incompletely implemented. Now when it is set to 1, only id attributes should be output, not <a name> named anchors.

If you have set generate.id.attributes=1, then the indexterm markers placed in the text changed from:

<a name="it4" class="indexterm"/> in 1.76.1

<a id="it4" class="indexterm"/> in 1.77.0

If your script is looking for a 'name' attribute, it will no longer succeed. If you did not set that param to 1, then this suggestion would not apply because you should still get name attributes.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stefan Hinz" <stefan.hinz@oracle.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 6:46 AM

Hallo Thomas,

Good catch, thanks a lot!

In fact, the "cannot find top" string comes from one of our Perl (!) scripts that analyzes index terms to create an index navigation bar for long indexes, like the one you can see on http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/ix01.html.

Not sure why the script works flawlessly with the 1.76.1 style sheets but dies with the 1.77.0 ones, but this should be fairly easy to find out. If our findings yield anything of general interest, I'll post it to this list. Of course, I'll also do so in case this still turns out to be a 1.77.0 bug.

Again, thanks much for your reply, and schönes Wochenende!

Cheers,

Stefan