Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] xlink:show="new" support omits link element

Hi Denis,
At first I was not able to duplicate this problem. When I processed your example in a Docbook 5 document with the namespaced stylesheets, I got the correct result:

Then I noticed that your output included class="ulink". That tells me your DocBook5 document is being processed with the non-namespaced stylesheet. That stylesheet must convert the DocBook5 document to a DocBook4 document before proceeding. In the case of a link element with @xlink:href, it converts it to a ulink, and fails to pass along the xlink:show attribute because there is no comparable attribute in DocBook 4. This behavior is not new to 1.77.0, as I got the same incorrect results with 1.76.1.

I would suggest switching over to the namespaced version of the stylesheets if you are processing DocBook 5 documents to avoid such incompatibilities.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Denis Bradford" <denis.bradford@verizon.net>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2012 4:40 PM

Version 1.77.0 adds support for xlink:show="new", so you can open an HTML link in a new window instead of replacing the current window. It works for various inline elements, but not for link itself. Is this a bug? For example this link

... generates XHTML link output with the wrong target value:

Changing the element from link to phrase works:

Resulting in the target I expect:

As far as I can trace it, inline.xsl seems to omit link when it enumerates all the supported elements, so simple.xlink doesn't get called.

Thanks,
Denis