Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] [1.77.x][fo] figure/caption bug?

Yes, that looks like a bug.  While disambiguating caption in HTML table markup from table and mediaobject caption, I forgot that since DocBook 5.0 that caption is also allowed as a direct child of figure.  I'll fix it and wait to see if there are any other reports before issuing a 1.77.2.

Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 7:55 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] [1.77.x][fo] figure/caption bug?

It seems like a bug in the fo branch of the DocBook XSL Stylesheets 1.77.x.

Let's give the following figure with the caption:

------
  <figure>
    <title>Foo</title>
    <mediaobject>
      <imageobject>
<imagedata fileref="foo.png" format="png"/>
      </imageobject>
      <textobject>
<phrase>Foo</phrase>
      </textobject>
    </mediaobject>
    <caption>
      <para>Blah blah blah</para>
    </caption>
  </figure>
-----

The caption in PDF output contains both open and close <caption> tags as shown below:

-----
<caption>

Blah blah blah
</caption>
-----

I got the perdect results with no exttra tags in the next cases though:
-----
Blah blah blah
-----
XHTML 1.1 with 1.77.1
PDF with 1.76.1
PDF with 1.77.1 (moving the caption into the mediaobject).

--
Regards,
Ivan Zaporozhets